Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Sketches in Bruges and Brussels

Life has been busy! Busy living and sketching, so no time for blogging. Hard to find the balance!

So, without further ado, here are my sketches from Bruges and Brussels in early August. All done in  a pocket-sized Moleskine book (with heavy paper, but a paper that doesn't take watercolour well, it's like it can't absorb it).

Some of the pages are coloured with Montana markers (I have four colours - I love the sky blue and the sunny yellow. The red and navy are not so easy to use in sketchbooks. I have a page painted navy and I need to dig out one of my white pens to draw something on it.). I like colouring pages first so it's not a blank page anymore, and you'd be amazed at how much of a difference it makes in terms of getting started with a drawing.







No comments:

Post a Comment