Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Bucolic splendour - The Gap of Dunloe


The first of the actual paintings (as opposed to watercolour sketches) inspired by our holiday in Kerry. Maybe it's a little too naive in style? But there is something fresh about it that I really like. It's a fairly small painting (about A4). Maybe I will try it in a larger format, with more abstract brushstrokes? I'm very happy with my sky (not easy to have orange and blue beside each other but not mixing into brown), but I'm wondering if I should crop the blue out, to provide a tighter focus?



What do you think? (I think it's much more interesting myself!)


But my grass is too green, isn't it? It doesn't match the time of day. Yes, it is useful to get feedback, even if I don't like it! More to come.

What do you think now?




1 comment:

  1. Michael1:13 pm

    The foreground becomes alive with the added colors. The addition makes the painting whole.

    ReplyDelete