Friday, June 17, 2016

ah go on

I couldn't help another picture from the Gap of Dunloe. This is one of the highlights of our walk through the Gap - it was warm, the sun was shining, everybody we met was in good form. If I was to paint the feeling, it would be happiness, that holiday feeling, freedom, smiling, anticipation (we had a good bit more walking to do, except we had no idea how long it would take). 
I did a watercolour sketch there but I think there is too much happening for a painting. What's the centre of interest? Maybe this would be a good one to try different "whats", i.e. focus points (this is a technique from the book "Powerful Watercolor Landscapes, where you use different techniques to draw the eye around the painting). I could do a painting with 5 or 6 different whats:
  1. The mountains
  2. The sheep
  3. The tree in the middle ground
  4. The water reflections
  5. The green hill to the left
  6. The gorse bushes



No comments:

Post a Comment