Thursday, April 14, 2016

MHBD's Fake Journal - Day 14

A colourful page today, although when I look back, they're all pretty colourful, even the ones drawn with just a black brush pen! (If you're on Pinterest, you can see them all as one collection).

I'm diverting wildly from my original goal of working only with three elements. But backgrounds don't really count, do they? The whole background for this page is newsprint that I use to clean up the brayer when I do Gelli prints. I also use it to clean stencils that still have a lot of paint left on them.  This page being so colourful already, I wasn't sure what to do, as I didn't want to lose that yummy background, so I decided to paint a tiny little vase I bought at the RDS Christmas fair last year.




I'm really enjoying painting with gouache I have to say. It's a nice break from watercolours. Not as many rules and techniques to worry about.





No comments:

Post a Comment