Friday, January 29, 2016

Vase - Fast and Slow

Second assignment in Sketchbook Skool Seeing. A fast/slow drawing. I drew a quick outline with a brush and gouache (less than one minute) then I drew in detail with a PITT pen (ten-fifteen minutes).

This is a vase/jug that used to belong to my grand-aunt and grand-uncle, and I've been meaning to paint it for ages (it's stuck on a shelf in my little art room). So at least now it's immortalised. And I don't feel as intimidated by it, so I think I'll be able to tackle it properly some day.

Although handles are still a mystery to me, I have to admit. I'll have to check in a book how to draw and paint them. Same about cup or vase rims - there is a bit that disappears at the front, and then appears at the back, but I never seem to get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment