Monday, January 25, 2016

DLP 2016

Documented Life Project this year is a little different from previous years:
  1. We are working in a folder, rather than a sketchbook. It makes it easier to work on individual pieces and then add them to the folder. The folder is about 25cm high by 20 cm wide. I had great fun decorating the cover, as you can see below!
  2. You can buy all the foundation tools from the DLP website (link above): the folders, plastic sleeves, labels, ribbon, some cute stamps designed by Rae Missigman, printed pages, etc. It's quite good value, even with the shipping. The contents were not quite as artsy as I thought they would be, but I'm enjoying using them all the same.  One thing about the folder, though, it's not a standard system, so your normal two-hole puncher will not worked with it. I've ordered a one-hole puncher from Amazon, so hopefully that will help
  3. To get the challenges, you now need to subscribe to DLP. It's only $12 for the year, so it's quite reasonable, although I still miss the challenges from 2014, which I thought were much better, focusing on different ideas and techniques, rather an idea. So I'll probably ignore the challenges and work with my own ideas.
  4. No more guest artists, but that's ok. I like to do my own thing anyway.
  5. Roben-Marie Smith is not taking part this year, which is a real pity. I really liked her style of journaling. She runs her own independent workshops now. Maybe next year? I've signed up for a free workshop on her website, so I'll have a look at that when I have a bit of time
So, let's get started. Here are pictures of the folder and the cover I created for it (basically gluing papers, filling in gaps with acrylics, adding colour with stencils, and protecting it all with a layer of acrylic matte medium)







No comments:

Post a Comment