Sunday, December 26, 2010

True Blood

It seems that all series were closing for Christmas. Mad Men just finished a few weeks back, and True Blood the week before. Yes, I've watched the whole 2nd series (never saw the first), and I still don't know if I like it!

I've just watched a recap of Season 3 finale on their website (with no sound, so I have no idea what's going on), and I get the feeling I'll be watching it when it's available here!

It's a vampire-based story, set in the deep South, in a world where a synthetic blood has made it possible for vampires to survive without killing humans, and therefore become accepted in society. But not by everyone of course. And there are other types of creatures too, causing havoc through the small town of Bon Temps. The stories are good, the characters work well together, there is always an element of suspense that keeps you coming back. But, I don't know, the acting is so weird. It's really camp, completely over-acted, and yet, it's supposed to be serious (not like Buffy, where the dialog was always light-hearted). Or maybe it's not supposed to be serious, and I just don't get it (maybe my Belgian lack of a sense of humour)

Oh, make sure to watch/read Jessica's blog. The videos are very good. She is one of the best characters in the series! She's really funny.

And also the Wiki - with ads like "When you sleep in a coffin, it's easy to think outside the box", there is plenty there to keep you amused! But you'll have to find it yourself. I just can't figure out how I got to it from the main website!

No comments:

Post a Comment