Thursday, December 09, 2010

Obsessed with the weather

I got to yoga class last night (thanks to Brendan who gave me a lift). But I haven't been out much in the last few days, and cabin fever has definitely set in. I'm sick of this weather - I was hoping for a big thaw today, but it looks like it's going to be slow and gradual, then it will get colder again next week. When I lived in Belgium, weather like this (and much colder than this) wasn't such a big deal - everybody cleared their footpaths, the roads were clear and we got on with it. I just remember having to push my Dad's car up the ramp to get to the house when there was heavy snow, with my Mum and my brother. We were useless at it. Often, we ended up having to ask our neighbour across the road, Francine, a strong woman, who always managed to single-handedly push the car the whole way up the ramp.

If, like me, you've become obsessed with the weather, check out Met Eireann's 5 day forecast - it gives temperatures, wind and precipitation.

PS: the 3 of us who turned up at yoga yesterday generated a lot of heat - The Danu Yoga Centre was nice and warm, and Lisa kept us moving at a good pace. It felt good after 2 weeks of not going to the gym! And special thanks to her husband who had done a great job at clearing the path!

No comments:

Post a Comment