Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Rose

I'm going to have to sleep on this one. I painted this lovely background for my Christmas Rose. I wanted to experiment with violet blue and bright orange, and the result is quite dramatic. But it's so bright that I really don't know what to do about the rose itself. If I paint it in its natural reds and greens, it's going to look like Carnival in Rio. I could paint it in mixed greys, but the greys from bright orange and violet blue are quite brown. And surely we don't want that. Unless I dilute them a lot. But then the pale greys would disappear into the paper. I've tried a few greys in Photoshop - they all look really dull. Maybe a nice dark aubergine might work for the centre, and a greyed-out, paler, version for the outer leaves? Watch this space (but I get the feeling it's not going to work out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment