Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Rose

One of the things I love about Christmas is that I have lots of free time (once Stephen's Day is over, that is - before that, it feels like I don't have a minute to myself). I just love the week between Christmas and New Year - I long for it months in advance. There is no other time of the year when I have so much time to draw and paint. I would have time in the summer too, but I find it hard to set up my paints outside, and if the phone rings, I have to answer it, as we would be open for business. But between now and the 4th of January, I don't need to answer the phone, and we have long days with no commitments to the outside world. We can go for a walk, watch a movie, read a book, potter around the house. It's great. I love it.

And I love the shape of Christmas Roses. I got two lovely little ones in Lidl before Christmas, and I'm delighted with them. I'll try to keep them alive for as long as I can!

(I still have a problem with ellipses, obviously)

No comments:

Post a Comment