Sunday, January 03, 2010

Squidgy trees

I did some other experiments with my Cheap Joes Colour Shaper over the Christmas holidays. I do like the vibrant colours of my Squidgy Trees.

Holidays are nearly over - back at work tomorrow, but it's not like it used to be. In my previous job, I would have been getting the Sunday evening blues from 3pm. I would have had to keep myself busy with walks and yoga and deep breathing to keep the anxieties at bay.

No more.

I still get anxieties, but only in my dreams - I dream quite regularly of college or school - I haven't studied for my Russian or Latin exams, or I haven't even attended the classes (it's always those two subjects - I was pretty good at both.), or I'm back in Lotus and there is some major panic. It's often quite a relief to wake up and realise that the day ahead is going to be a lot smoother than my night of busy dreams.














I love experimenting with my new tools - I haven't had a chance yet to try out my Skipper Wash Brush. But I've used the Colour Shaper, and it's been great fun. I often have better results with these experiments than with full paintings. I know all the techniques. It's putting them together that can be problematic!

No comments:

Post a Comment