My painting is not going well today. I know exactly what I did wrong - I started with the detail rather than the background, and when I added the background after the event, I painted on dry paper, and you can see every brushstroke, and then I decided to add paint to the shadows, and it became a complete disaster. I'm going to leave it at that. I should have left it as it was a few days ago: a gorgeous little picture of trees executed with my new Cheap Joes Colour Shaper.
Well, at least I took a picture of it at that happy first phase.
And I even experimented with it in Photoshop - that's what it should have looked like. I should just print that and keep it as the final painting.