Monday, March 18, 2024

The Last Bookshop

No, I didn't sketch the Last Bookshop. It's not that it wasn't sketchable or interesting. It's just that I need to listen to my own voice. And sketch what I love. On that day, it was the cement lorries and other trucks queuing up outside the site of the new Garda Headquarters. There was about 10 lorries queuing up and every time one moved on, another one came to replace it, orchestrated by men in red hi-vis overalls. The moment I saw the scene, I knew that's what I wanted to sketch. Even if it was cold. And even if it wasn't a shopfront! I wish I listened to that voice inside of me all the time. But I'm getting better at it!

And when I was done, I had to sketch another cement lorry. It was grey and blue, like all the others. But when I got home, I decided it had to be yellow!

Then I went and met up with the others and sketched Frank, who was deeply absorbed in his own sketching!










No comments:

Post a Comment