Sunday, March 10, 2024

Day 4 on Beara - glorious sunshine and lots of driving

Day 4 and the sun was shining! I headed off early and drove up towards the Healy Pass. Not a soul there. It was cold and windy on the Northern side, but much more sheltered as soon as you drove over the top towards the South. I sketched in ink and marker. And yes, I did obsess about a particular rock.



When I got to Castletownbere, I went to McCarthy's Bar and had a scone. Sketched a little, but it was quiet and I just doodled really. Colour added later in the day when I was back at base.



I headed to the pier and sketched the Ocean Challenger, a tug boat, basically there for rescue missions when ships get into difficulty. The man in charge told me the red things at the top were cannons for firefighting. Loved sketching all the equipment on the deck too!


I didn't sketch any more that day, though I saw many beautiful things, from the buddhist retreats on the hills beyond Castletownbere to the fabulous blue of the ocean at Allihies. I took lots of photos and I feel I have lots of paintings that are ready to be painted. But that's another project!!





No comments:

Post a Comment