Thursday, March 14, 2024

Finishing a painting


I had left this painting unfinished for a few weeks, between travelling here and there and everywhere. I like the three-dimensional feeling on the right hand side. And the sweeps of colours. It's certainly got a feeling of flow, but also the idea of lava, which is connected to my interest in plate tectonics and the effects of these deep movements on our landscape.

It's probably the last in the series, in half sheet. And yet, when I look at the postcard-sized thumbnails, I see many more possibilities. What if I shift a colour? What if I allow for more sky? What if I create a lot more texture? I haven't been at my easel much lately. And I think this year is going to be more of the same. But tomorrow, my new work table (a simple Ikea desk) should be delivered. And I think it will open many options for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment