Thursday, July 29, 2021

The Bridges of Dublin City - part 2

This is another one where the sketches appear in the opposite order of actually drawing them. I'm going to have to go back to Google Maps to figure out which bridge is which! 

This one doesn't look like much, but I feel it captured the moment quite well, when a mum, child and dad went by on their canoe, in perfect harmony (well, maybe not quite as synchronised as I made it out to be!)


It was a nice day. Lots of people on the boardwalk. There was no tourists yet, but I believe that now that the travel restrictions have been relaxed (from 19th of July), town is full of tourists again!


Millenium Bridge - a pedestrian bridge built for, wait for it, the Millenium! It's not much to look at, but offers a great view of pedestrians, as its construction is quite light.


Probably a covered river that flows into the Liffey. Yes, it is! Good old Wikipedia! It's the River Poddle! Read Wikipedia to find out how Dublin got its name, which is actually Blackpool!!


Deliveroo cyclists on Grattan Bridge taking a break before the lunchtime rush!


People on Grattan Bridge, looking back towards the Four Courts. We were lucky to get seats on Grattan Bridge. Lots to sketch from it. On previous occasions, I've sketched the Sunlight building, but I didn't have enough time to do it justice on this occasion!


Grattan Bridge seen from Ormond Quay, with the Heineken building in the background. It used to be the Harp building! Plus ça change!


From Inns Quay looking across the river. Not sure what the building with the dome is. I think the dome is actually behind the building and it might be the Church of the Immaculate Conception. So much to explore still in this city that I know so well. The more I sketch it, the more I discover!


River Bank, Merchants Quay Ireland, who provide services to the homeless and addicts,  I think. And to the left of it, a beautiful church. At this stage, I'm not sure which one it is. There seems to be a number of religious buildings all nestled together in that area. 


This little guy started to walk on my sketchbook, so I had to sketch it before persuading it to move back onto the ballustrade!

We'll call this one my warm-up sketch. The O'Donovan Rossa Bridge. The tide was going out still and I was interested in the mud sticking out of the water!


No comments:

Post a Comment