Saturday, July 10, 2021

Te Anau evening

I've been wanting to paint this view for 13 years! I took this photo in Te Anau in 2008. It was a magical evening. The big mountains in the distance. The golden light hitting the beach and the big stand of trees catching the last rays. It was so peaceful. So far from everything. We had driven all the way down from Kaikoura on our New Zealand campervan adventure. We were anticipating our trip to Millford Sound the following day, and everything felt perfect. I wouldn't mind going back. We only had time for the South Island, and we loved it! But the campervan would have to be automatic so I could do some of the driving. I can't believe that 13 years ago, I was stressed by the automatic car we rented in Australia and only drove one and a half hours of the whole 5-week trip. It didn't help that I had to overtake a road train! Lots of expletives were uttered by yours truly!

Quarter sheet watercolour, based on a thumbnail I did about a month ago. And a photo from 13 years back!


No comments:

Post a Comment