Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Monkstown in the rain

It's hard to believe this was only a couple of weeks ago. Ireland is currently experiencing a heat wave. And that day in Monkstown felt like winter - a steady drizzle that turned to heavy rain. I was well wrapped up, but I should have worm my rain trousers. I got so cold I had to go to a café and have a hot brownie and a hot chocolate!!  But since our restaurants hadn't reopened indoors yet, we were sitting under a sun umbrella on the footpath. And the rain was going horizontal. The things we do for urban sketching!

I had managed to find shelter against the big church in the center of the village. Those big recessed doors proved really useful. Plus I was holding my umbrella. Some of us sat in their cars, some under big trees, some just got wet. 

But Monkstown is such a lovely village that I didn't want to miss it. I wasn't alone. Despite the weather, a good 15 of us showed up! A bit of rain and a gale can't stop an Irish urban sketcher!




This one is a case of "should have left it alone". I added some watercolour to it today and it's not half as interesting!


Our troupe of brave urban sketchers! I was still at the café enjoying my hot chocolate with a few pals, so I missed the group photo!


I'm getting better at remembering to take the urban sketcher photos!!




No comments:

Post a Comment