Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Stones

My mind was on other things. I didn't have much time. But I still showed up, if only for a short time. I should really have established a connection at the top left of the page too, to make a better composition, but I'm happy with how I have used hard and soft edges, something that doesn't come naturally to me. And also some very light values, another thing I struggle with. Wow, the more I think about it the more I feel I have so much to learn still! But hey, I didn't go to art college, and I learned mostly from books until 2 years ago - everybody's journey is different - my goal is simply to continually improve while always enjoying the process. I don't have big ambitions in terms of a career in the arts - I don't have it in me to take the knocks that go with that. I just want to paint and be happy!

And PS: did you spot the Neil Diamond reference?



No comments:

Post a Comment