Friday, December 18, 2020

People in paintings

I have practised cars a good bit lately, but now it's time to practise people in paintings. I tend to avoid people in my sketches or paintings. Partly because I am not that interested in depicting people in the urban landscape, but mostly because they tend to ruin my work!! But until I practise them enough, I will never improve. so here are two little vignettes I tried. One from Ron Stocke's book on watercolour (it's not rich in information like some other books, but it has some interesting concepts that really resonated with me, like the idea that people need to be connected to the landscape in which they are painted, so after reading the Kindle version, I ordered the paperback and I'm glad I did). And the other from a photo I had on my iPad. Interestingly, I have very few photos with people in my collection. I'm going to have to remedy that!



No comments:

Post a Comment