Saturday, December 05, 2020

Persimmons variations

We bought more persimmons, so I get to play some more. I needed a break from "the house on the mountain" that ended up like "the rock that looked like a cowpat". I played with Neocolors (both the watersoluble and the oil-pastel type), magic pencils and watercolours.

I like how this one worked out, despite the weird proportions...

Double-spread in a Two Rivers sketchbook, watercolour and card paper. Their watercolour paper is super rough and super absorbent.

This version with Koh-I-Noor magic pencils

This one with Neocolor oil pastels. Notice how much of the watercolour paint got absorbed by the Two Rivers watercolour paper compared to the one below.

I'm glad I took this photo while the paint was still wet. That's how intense it looked. Unfortunately it lost that vibrancy in the drying. Which shows that you have to know your paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment