Saturday, December 12, 2020

Ceramics

Ceramics, pottery, porcelain, I think we interpreted this one loosely. Vases, pots and ornaments, more like! We don't have many such objects, but I do keep a small collection of vases that belonged to my paternal grandmother and grand-aunt, so I used those, and I merged the setup with what the others were showing on Zoom, so I'll call this one an augmented-reality view! I used my extended fountain pen, so the drawing is very loose and it encouraged me to paint loose too. And it's always fun to see what objects people keep in their house. I tried to pick elements from what I could see on each person's Zoom window. Some in the group had lovely setups, but had sent them as photographs, and I can't find it in me to draw from those. I paint from photographs all right, but for sketching, Zoom is my limit!



Once I was done, I tried a different approach, zooming in on my setup in 3 steps, but I was rushing and my brain wasn't sharp enough at that point. I'll see if I can salvage it tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment