Monday, December 21, 2020

Sketchbook Design

I'm planning for a pretty hectic start to 2021. Two online courses in parallel. It will do me good. It'll keep me busy at a time when we'll probably be back to lockdown, after the Christmas holidays - Brendan was briefly in town last Sunday and he told me it was hectic. Lots of people shopping and going into restaurants and cafés, drinking on the street, buskers, ...About 80 percent of people wearing masks on the street though, so maybe we'll be alright. 

Can't wait for that vaccine. But apparently I'm in the 7th category. And Brendan in the 12th. Out of 15!! So I need to prepare myself for probably another 6 months of life in limbo. OK, better not think about that!

So this one is for Liz Steel's new online course, Sketchbook Design, where we'll learn to make beautiful pages, with sketches and writing and different layouts. I've looked at the free intro lessons, and I think it will be fun. But there's one thing I won't compromise on - my handwriting! I've only just recently rediscovered it, i.e. writing in cursive, even if nobody else can read it. It's too personal a thing for me to change. I've always been known for my "bad" handwriting, and now I say I don't care, it's MY handwriting and I'm proud!!


No comments:

Post a Comment