Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Colour variations

Here are the 10 colours I'm going to be playing with for the next couple of months. (Ignore the 2 at the bottom - I couldn't help exploring other options!!). No Carbazole Violet, no Moonglow, no Bloodstone Genuine. It's gonna be interesting. Very grown-up, I think! Although I have to admit I replaced Yellow Ochre by Monte Amiata Natural Sienna. Maybe it's the brand I had at home, but I just found Yellow Ochre too dull for me!! I might regret this choice, but hey, I have to go with what I love!

And beware! Not all PBr7s are the same! Natural Sienna, Burnt Umber and Van Dyck Brown, and yet, they are all the same pigment, PBr7. If you want to find out more, refer to Handprint's extensive review. As for me, life is to short, so I'll just have a quick read. Actually, interesting to see that Transparent Red Oxide, PR101, is also an iron oxide. That should make for harmonious mixing!!





No comments:

Post a Comment