Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sketching PlayLab - Control and Freedom with lines

I think this was my favourite Sketching PlayLab so far. Discovering a new freedom in my lines and finding my handwriting again!

This PlayLab was about exploring the full spectrum between Control and Freedom with drawing tools. But we started with writing and it was such a revelation for me. Because my handwriting was always described as illegible or bad, I moved to writing in block script quite a few years ago. Getting back into my cursive handwriting just made me so happy! And I think it shows in my drawing. Thank you Suhita and Paul!

And learning to draw with an extended tool is definitely something I'm going to be doing more of. I'm one of these people that hold the pen tight, and I want to break free of that bad habit! It will take practise. And I hope to apply this to holding my paintbrush too!

The pages displayed below are in reverse order from the workshop.





Rediscovering my own handwriting!




No comments:

Post a Comment