Tuesday, August 11, 2020

A quick stop in Dun Laoghaire



I seem to be in a black and white phase right now. Well, it enables me to carry less, which means I can deploy my sketching kit quickly and fit more sketching in the little gaps of the day. Or I could check my Instagram feed instead? Well, I know which is more satisfying in the long term. Although I can't deny the dopamine hit I get in anticipation of a Like in Instagram or Facebook!! It's a strong addiction!

So, in case you're wondering about the anchor, no it wasn't my intention to have it cut off like that. It was just bigger than I thought and it didn't fit on the page. But I quite like it now. And a kind friend said that it conveys quite well how big it was! I don't know what I would do without the support of my sketcher friends around the world!

And by the way, summer in Ireland is not warm. I was wearing a skirt that day. And sandals. But I was so glad I had my woolly hat with me. It wasn't the most elegant look, but I don't care. Being warm when sketching is my number one priority!

No comments:

Post a Comment