Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Donabate

An action-packed couple of days! Out around the Northern coast of County Dublin with Dublin Plein Air!
The first location was Newbridge House and Demesne in Donabate. I found a quiet spot, away from everyone, and I started painting at my easel straight away, chatting to the odd dog walker at the same time. Dogs love easels. Well the first dog had never seen one. It was a young staffie, and she was a real dote. She barked a little at this strange easel thing she had never seen in her life. But she settled  and went on her way after making sure it was safe!
I chose a big view, but a relatively simple composition and shapes. But working outdoors is hard, unless I have a sketchbook of course. So much to see, to feel, to decide. I loved the big tree, but also the blue sky, the clouds that were swiftly going by. So I did a few versions, experimenting with Cobalt Blue gouache, and then with white gouache in my clouds. I want to try everything, experience every colour and every smell, feeling the sun and the breeze on my face. Too many variables! It takes me a while to settle. And by then, it's time to move on. 







No comments:

Post a Comment