Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Lots of greens

I was really inspired by an article by Lis Watkins on the Urban Sketchers website. She has a wonderful shorthand for trees, which I've shamelessly copied here. Still not a patch on her wonderful work, though.

So I worked from a photo a what I thought was a jacaranda tree in Ardgillan castle. But the leaves are big as hands, and look nothing like what I found on the internet. And my sketch is not exactly botanical art, so we'll just call it a big green tree!

The first one is all in watercolours

The second one with the texture added in marker after the watercolour dried.
And this little one was done in the walled garden in Ardgillan Castle, with colour dots from Daniel Smith and a few Kuretake Zigs. It lacks focus, but it was lovely and warm and peaceful and I really enjoyed being there, until it got too busy with families everywhere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment