Thursday, August 13, 2020

Booterstown bird sanctuary

One of those days when you think "why did I not bring my rain trousers and my big umbrella?". But then the rain skirts around and you're delighted you didn't burden yourself with all these extra things to carry!! Apparently it was lashing in town. And the clouds behind me were definitely ominous. But I only had to hold my small umbrella up for the first sketch! And the sky was just amazing, constantly changing. There wasn't much to sketch, if you're into architecture or people. But I love big skies. So I was happy.


Exploring light and dark in the sky and the marshland - it was high tide, so plenty of water still.

And here I was interested in the train line that runs between the sea and the bird reserve. I use to take that train to get to work every day when I got my first job. I always loved looking at the sea every morning. I have to admit I didn't really look at the bird sanctuary then. I was young. And now I'm not. Except in my head!

Mmm. I was interested in the patterns in the water, as the tide was going out. It kept changing.
And then I was interested in the clouds. it was like there were two layers, separated by a bit of golden light, and they were going in opposite directions. You kinda had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment