Friday, May 22, 2020

Sean O'Casey Bridge

Another day in Pandemic world. 
The challenge was to sketch a Dublin bridge from a photo. I did find a beautiful photo by Daniel Zolli on Flickr (I didn't know Flickr still existed!). But then I got into the difficulty of sketching light reflections in dark waters! I chose an abstract route, which I explored in my 2nd piece, only to return to simple watercolour in my 3rd vignette. How I long to go out again and sketch for real. But it's good to have these virtual sketch challenges to keep us all playing together. What else would we be doing on a Sunday afternoon?
And by the way, I believe this Sean O'Casey Bridge twists and opens when high ships need to go up-river. Probably very interesting from an engineering perspective!


We had a little portrait party at our Zoom call afterwards, and that was real fun - it might be an image on a screen, but it's a moving image and there's only a few seconds to try and capture someone's essence. At this point, I am not looking for a likeness!



No comments:

Post a Comment