Friday, May 01, 2020

Dublin Airport

I knew when we were going to the airport for our virtual sketching on Sunday afternoon that I wouldn't be drawing a plane - it would be fine if we were on location and all drawing from observation, but, drawing from photos on the internet, I knew that other members of Dublin Sketchers would be much better at that than me! I'm one of these people that thrive on drawing from direct observation, but struggle with drawing from a photo. Plus, I don't see the point in drawing from a photo, really. That's why I'm an urban sketcher after all. Given the current situation, I don't have much of a choice, but it really doesn't bring the same joy!

So, the view I picked is a place through which I've often thought that I would love to be able to stop and sketch, except, you can't, because it the big long corridor from the shops to the departure gates in Terminal 1. It curves beautifully around the old airport building, and there's big glass panels that separate us from the people arriving in Dublin and walking towards the luggage carousels. It's always busy, and there's nowhere you can step in, unless you're a real fast sketcher! Anyway, next time you're rushing to your Ryanair flight, take a moment to admire this beautiful space!



Nearly getting to the end of my Bloomsday sketchbook. Just a couple more pages, and I'm done!

'You would have to travel many a long mile before you found a head of hair the like of that. She could almost see the swift answering flash of admiration in his eyes that set her tingling in every nerve. '

'Why are their tongues so rough? To lap better, all porous holes. '

No comments:

Post a Comment