Sunday, July 30, 2023

Without planning

Sometimes, it's good to paint something without much planning, just as a reminder that I do need a plan before I start painting! The difficulty I have with this one is that what interests me is the sky. But then ended up giving a lot more prominence to the trees. And I have this sky hole on the right-hand side that draws too much attention. It was there. The sky in the distance. A warm colour against the dark rain clouds that were gathering. But it draws too much attention to the trees on the right which should be just supporting actors. 


So I'm trying another version. I've cut the paper in a slightly taller format so I have more room for the sky. With a light drawing to keep me focused. I'm pointing the clouds more towards the left of centre. I've reversed the curve of the road so I direct the eye to the left. And added two cars parked on the road. We'll see where it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment