Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Sunny in Dun Laoghaire

Well, even when it's sunny, there's always a shower to catch you out. I started this sketch in Dun Laoghaire in glorious sunshine, but within 5 minutes, the skies darkened, the wind picked up, and the rain came. Not much. But enough that I had to open my umbrella to protect my sketchbook. Umbrellas don't do well in our windy weather. And it's hard work struggling to stop the umbrella from flapping over while trying to sketch in watercolour at the same time!

And then the sun came out again, just in time to dry my sky too quickly!!

I'll just have to go again. Dun Laoghaire isn't far. And the spot I found was a perfect location for sketching the beautiful building of the town hall, which used to be a courthouse, but is now home to the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council.


After all that, I still had a few minutes to practise people (and car) sketching. Some day I'll manage to integrate both into one sketch. Or maybe just on the same page would be a start!!



No comments:

Post a Comment