Saturday, September 05, 2020

St Stephen's Green

All the window seats with the view over St Stephen's Green were taken. I didn't have a great spot, until I noticed the hairdressing school across the way!! I had never thought of it before, but it made sense that hairdressing students would practise on dummy heads first. And from where I was, it looked like the dummies were wearing masks - probably a good thing to practise - making sure not to cut the loop behind the ear!


Then I had an opportunity to move table, and I sketched the view I had in mind to start with. The entrance to St Stephen's Green and the beautiful buildings on its Northern side. It was fairly quiet. But all of a sudden a big group of 20 or more students or tourists arrived. And it was like there was no pandemic. Well, that's the way it looked anyway, as if in their minds, it's like everything is normal - no masks, no social distancing, and probably wondering when the next party will be!!


No comments:

Post a Comment