Monday, September 21, 2020

Irish War Memorial Gardens - by the Liffey

What do I do when faced with a wall of greens? Paint it all! I did try to differentiate between foreground and background, using values and colour temperature!! The little girl who thought that some of my faraway trees were clouds told me that I wasn't entirely successful!!

The Irish War Memorial Gardens in Islandbridge isn't a well-known spot in Dublin. It's a little bit away from the city centre. And it celebrates the soldiers who fought and died during World War I before Ireland became independent. So there is a lot of history there. Many nationalists don't want to recognise these soldiers. But the gardens are beautiful, with wild areas and perfect rose gardens. And the Liffey is at its wildest and most gorgeous there, fast-flowing before it hits the city centre.

The sun was in and out, and I struggled with my shadows as usual!





No comments:

Post a Comment