Thursday, September 03, 2020

Hidden corners, UCD

A few people got lost. UCD is not exactly well sign-posted. But the few that made it enjoyed this little peaceful corner in the big university campus. 

This one is the second sketch I did, and I think it shows - I'm much more economical with my lines and my story.


And I keep on trying to sketch this wonderful building. I should really have left the structure on the left out or just in pen. When I sketch, sometimes, I just don't think, I just go in a frenzy of mark-making. And all thoughts of composition go out the window! This is a perfect example of what happens! I should always do a warm-up sketch, just to get the hand-eye coordination going and to force myself to think about what I want to express. But hey, it doesn't matter. I enjoyed the time spent sketching, even if I had to open my umbrella towards the end when the lovely golden clouds turned dark grey in a matter of minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment