Thursday, February 07, 2019

National Print Museum

The National Print Museum opened their doors to Dublin Sketchers last week for a few hours of technical sketching!! This was only my second time there, and I had to tackle (You can see I'm watching the rugby as I'm writing this! Well, I'm really not interested in rugby, but I like to keep my husband company!!) the same machine as I did the last time! Click on this link if you want to see how I managed it that time (in a much smaller book by the way). This time, I went more for a continuous line drawing, directly to ink, and I wanted to capture the whole machine, despite the fact that I was standing less than a meter away from it! So I had to embrace the wonkiness (to use one of Liz Steel's favourite expressions!)


I then retired to the café and did another sketch - much more relaxing.  A nice cup of green tea and a ginormous slice of carrot cake helped!


No comments:

Post a Comment