Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Meadow flowers - Airfield

We were in Airfield recently, on a beautiful sunny day. After a mediocre summer, we've been blessed with a beautiful autumn. I went armed with my little sketchbook, a Faber Castell PITT pen, and a small watercolour set. This is something I've been meaning to do for years, but never picked up the courage to actually do it!
I couldn't believe how many flowers were still in bloom in the meadow. As a lady said to me today, the gardeners at Airfield probably sow the seeds at intervals so that the meadow can have as long a season as possible. I'm not complaining!


I don't think I posted these as Sketchbook Skool assignments, but they were inspired both by Koosje Koene and Jane LaFazio's teachings - drawing in public (thankfully it wasn't too busy. I'm not that brave yet!), drawing with a waterproof pen, adding watercolours, and framing the drawings in little boxes (which makes a huge difference, such a simple idea, why did I never think of it?).


I'm now developing this one into a full watercolour painting. It may or may not work out! Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment