Thursday, October 08, 2015

Fruit & Veg

This was a SBS (Sketchbook Skool, with a K, yes, I know, I struggle with that!) for Jane LaFazio's class. The idea was to draw a grid and to sketch fruit and vegetables within the framework, thinking about composition and balance. As you can see, it didn't quite work out. 
But I learned some useful lessons:
  1. Write in pencil first, then use your pen. That way, if the words don't fit or if some of the letters don't work out (I struggle with capital N), you can erase them and start again.
  2. Framing your page brings it all together.
  3. Applying a light watercolour wash in complementary colours is a good way to start a page
  4. If a page isn't working out, adding unrelated elements (my stamped circles) is not going to save it.
  5. Turn the page and move on!


No comments:

Post a Comment