Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fang




As I was waiting for the next module of my course on SBS to become available, I went to the next teacher's website and blog. Roz Stendahl's style is striking. I was inspired by one particular portrait, but also by the many sketches of her beloved Alaskan Malamute, Dottie.

Timber will no doubt be my next subject, but for now, Willow, 15, is the one I'm trying to capture. I'm convinced it's impossible to draw a cat from life. Our guy will move if he sees a camera pointed at him even. So definitely no hope of catching a decent likeness. Even when he's asleep, he's constantly moving. So this watercolour sketch was based on a photograph. I'm glad I took a picture of the different stages. I think I like it better without the green background.

No comments:

Post a Comment