Lots of sketching in my little books in the last week or so. I've finally tackled the second assignment from Roz Stendahl's class in Sketchbook Skool - live animals.
A lot learned:
- Cats and dogs move a lot, even when you think they are asleep
- A fluffy long-haired cat is particularly difficult to draw. He really is not that fat! - I will try with water-soluble pencils next time and see what happens
- I like colourful backgrounds
- The more you practise, the better you get
- Negative space and plumb lines are very useful tools when you're trying to map a drawing
- It's so satisfying when you finally manage to draw a likeness that it makes it all worth it
- You don't need that much time - 15-20 minutes, which is just as well, because by then, your subject will have moved on to another bed!