Friday, July 31, 2009

Boden Outfit-maker

As a little girl, I loved paper dolls (and Barbie), dressing them up in multiple combinations of skirts, tops, jackets, handbags and shoes. What fun I had.

A couple of years ago, I discovered Star Doll, which I had to set up for one of my customers (well, for her 5-year-old daughter - I enjoyed playing with it as much as her)

And now, I have the grown-up version, the Boden Outfit-maker. As you know, I'm a big Boden fan, and they've recently introduced this new feature on their website by which you can pick and choose any item from their website and put it on a paper model (who looks more like Katherine Heigl with dark hair than me, but, hey, one can dream). I find that it doesn't work perfectly - it has trouble recalling my saved wardrobe in Internet Explorer 8, and in Chrome, you need to refresh the page to see the wardrobe, but it's so much fun. I don't like shopping, going through endless rails of ugly clothes to find the one thing that might suit me, queuing to a changing room, only to find that my bum looks big in this. I don't enjoy it. I don't see the point. So, when Rita told me about Boden, and I liked the clothes, I was hooked - everything in clear view, everything matching, and knowing that a size 10 will fit me, and then the excitement of opening the lovely box when the postman delivers it 7-10 days later.

Who says you can't play with paper dolls when you're a grown-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment