Sunday, May 10, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Not me. I'm the opposite of a shopaholic, I'd say. I can go for weeks without entering a shop. I do most of my shopping online (http://www.boden.co.uk/ has everything I need), and I take more pleasure out of looking at a catalogue (see Boden above!) or compiling a wishlist on Amazon than from browsing in a real shop.

But the heroin of Confessions of a Shopaholic is in trouble. She's maxed out her credit card, she's ignoring letters from the bank, her life is running out of control, and she spends 3 quarters of the book burying her head in the sand. And then, all of a sudden, when she is hiding from her bank manager, telling her parents that he is a stalker, things start getting better. All because, despite being completely ditsy, she is a very bright girl after all.

If it sounds just like the plot of The Undomestic Goddess,... it's because it is. But a very enjoyable read all the same. I'll probably enjoy the movie too.
Hey - forgot to mention the most important fact - I didn't read this book on paper, but on my iPod Touch. Very tiring on the eyes if I tried to read more than 4 or 5 pages at a time, but it was so handy to be able to whip up my iPod Touch at any time, and read a few pages while waiting for Brendan in the car, or while watching the news on the telly. I have downloaded the full works of William Shakespeare (for free), so I'll never be stuck for something to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment