Saturday, May 02, 2009

Kevin McAleer?

Brendan was planning to go and see Kevin McAleer at the Olympia on Thursday evening with Padraig. Padraig had to cancel a few weeks ago, so I agreed to accompany my husband. Not that I'm a big fan of stand-up comedy. Apparently, I have no sense of humour. Whether it's a national trait (or failing rather) or not is open for debate. But I won't argue with it. Most of the time, I just don't get it.

Well, I was all ready on Thursday evening. Brendan had cooked us a nice early dinner of fish (was it sea bream? I don't know my fishes - no surprise there) and pak choi and fried rice. And I put on one of my nice Boden shirts and a long cardigan, and we headed into town on the Luas.

When we got to the Olympia, the shutters were down, and there was a note in the window saying that the Kevin McAleer show would now be on the 12th of September. No explanation, no email from TicketMaster, no management at the door. Not even an apology on the note in the window!
And no mention of it on the Kevin McAleer website. I found a vague something in the google search for the MCD website about filming commitments. But when I follow the link, I can't find anything about it. Anyway, whose filming commitments are they talking about? Kevin McAleer's? The Olympia's? Mine? Well, I felt our commitments were the least of the promoters' concerns.

The good thing about this now is that Padraig will hopefully be available to go on the 12th of September!

No comments:

Post a Comment