Sunday, August 27, 2023

Yamamori


After sketching near City Hall, I needed food. But I'm on a diet - rather, I'm trying to change how I eat. And also, I need food earlier than the rest of the gang. In the last couple of weeks, I waited for the others, and I ended up 1- eating too much, and 2- feeling unwell because I was too hungry by the time I got fed, and as a consequence 3- having no energy for the rest of the day. Also, what I like to eat is not what the others tend to go for. Part of my diet (Noom, it's an app - it works for me!) is about making my own decisions about what I eat when eating out, rather than be influenced by others. I struggled with that the last time I was in Belgium - I was influenced by what people were having at the other tables even! Merveilleux and Dame Blanche are hard to resist. And Belgian chips! So, I decided to eat on my own. And Yamamori on South Great Georges Street is my kind of place! Miso soup, agedashi tofu, unagi and a pot of green tea. And I got to sketch my food. Colour added at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment