Monday, August 07, 2023

Francis Street

A wet day on Sunday made it a little more challenging to find a good spot for sketching on Francis Street. The whole street has been done up and there are wide footpaths that would make it ideal on a dry day. But I had to take shelter in the Ginger Café and literally drew what was in front of me. A portion of street, with car and shop across the way, seen through the window, cut off by the wall of the café, and then the plants inside that framed my view. My favourite bit is the little Christmas sticker  that was on the window. I only drew one small part of it.


Then I met up with the few brave souls who came out sketching in this weather, drew Karen and a little of what I could see behind her. Yes those beer umbrellas did shelter us from the worst of the rain!



All done on location, from direct observation, always! I'm not going to let a little rain stop me!



No comments:

Post a Comment