Thursday, August 17, 2023

If you put paint to paper, the day is not lost.

I didn't have the energy for a full painting, but I felt the need to put paint to paper and experiment all the same!

First one done wet on dry. I used hair dryer to make sure each layer was completely dry before painting the next one. I liked the transparency and layering effect.


Then I did a version on some scrap paper and didn't wait for the paint to dry. The result has some darker drying paint, but also the impression that some of the loops are over and others are under. I liked that.
 
So I tried to reproduce that effect. The trick to keep the paint consistency was to not put my paint brush in water in between each colour. The disadvantage was that I lost the contrast between cool and warm mixes. I probably need to mix more different warm and cool so that they don't all end up looking the same shade of brown!




No comments:

Post a Comment