Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Luke Kelly Festival - Smithfield

Great free festival in Smithfield - The Luke Kelly Festival. Luke Kelly was a folk musician, from Dublin's North Inner city, and was in the Dubliners. There was huge crowds at the festival, and lots going on, talks, many different types of music on the main stage and activities for children too. The weather cooperated. And I did lots of sketching. Here are a few of my sketches, not exactly in order of appearance. I knew I would be standing a good bit, so I brought a small Hahnemuhle sketchbook, and Fude pen and Blackwing pencil (inspired by Suhita Shirodkar's travel sketch kit)

Roxanna, poet


Martin Carthy, folk legend,  interviewed by John Kelly


Zestra, Dublin Inner City band


Cathal Brugha Street's Discovery Gospel Choir

First sketch of the afternoon 


John Cummins, poet, rapper, social commentator, talks with his hand

No comments:

Post a Comment