Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Powerscourt Townhouse

Our summer still hasn't arrived, so it was indoors again with Dublin Sketchers last Sunday. Thankfully, the person who was organising picked Powerscourt Townhouse, right in the city centre, which has a beautiful space all around, with lots of architectural detail for those interested, and plenty of people activity, which is what interested me on that occasion.
I sat upstairs at a café table and sketched the buzzing café on the ground floor. Cocktails seem to be a popular drink for Sunday afternoons these days. I started with a was of greens on the right, and kept moving between pen and watercolour from there. And in case you're wondering about the blob of light turquoise on the right, it's all the clean glasses ready to be used!


We met up in a fancy cocktail bar, Farrier and Draper, and I sketched a little bit before diving into everyone's sketchbooks and chatting about tools and techniques. But I definitely want to go back there to sketch and enjoy a Virgin Mojito, particularly since I have discovered they are not as calorie-intensive as I thought!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment