Friday, August 18, 2023

Scenes from around Dublin Castle

I've sketched around Dublin Castle many many times. But I always find this building challenging. Every time, I get a bit better at it. Or at least try a different approach.  


After I did this sketch, I bumped into Brigid, who is back in Ireland for a few months. She's such a vibrant positive energy. I enjoyed chatting with her. While sketching at the same time. I got more interested in sketching the people (the hordes of tourists!) who spend time around Dublin Castle on a sunny summer day. And the lioness. Still don't know anything about her. 
Then it was time for lunch. And the sun came out! And there were shadows! It was such a treat to sit outside for a change. Although I didn't make the best food choices. I really need to practise restaurant dining more so I can get better at making healthy choices when I'm eating out!



No comments:

Post a Comment